Sunday, December 16, 2007

I FLOODED MY HOUSE

Can you believe it. I turned the bath on for the boys and then forgot about it cause they were outside playing with Michael and the neighbours ARGGGGG!!!! Talk about saving water it must have been going for about half an hour I cant believe I completely forgot all about it. My carpet is saturated it went through the walls into Tristan's room, the toilet, the laundry and my linen cupboard thank goodness the only thing that got damaged was the carpet and some wrapping paper. The carpet doesn't matter cause we are going to tile anyway, just looks like we might just be doing it a little sooner than we wanted and the wrapping paper was recycled stuff shoved into the bottom of the linen cupboard next to the spare tins of house paint. Lucky I have a wet/dry vacuum cleaner ($99 Kmart special from 10 years ago still going strong, thank goodness) but I spent a half an hour just vacuuming 1 sq meter and got about 10 litres of water out.
So there is a tip for you DON'T LEAVE THE BATH WATER RUNNING!
LOL (I wasn't last night)

Tanya xxxooo

1 comment:

Giovanna Scott said...

LMFAO Tanya!!! Such a 'mummy' thing to do!! Good thing you had the vacuum cleaner. Merry Christmas with the tiling too (heh).