Monday, October 15, 2007

Holidays

We had a fabulous time on our Holiday just me and the boys, Michael ended up having to stay home to go to his Pops funeral, I think it did him good to stay at home and look after himself and to have some quiet time, made him appreciate us more when we got home.


Our first two nights were at the Mt Tambourine Motel which is next door to the St Bernard Pub. Very basic accommodation but nice and clean. Funny how small a room can feel when you are trying to entertain two excited children. We just relaxed and enjoyed our days without any time limits or agendas. Beautiful views and it was mating season for the Peacocks so we got to watch them prance around in all of their splendor Just beautiful.

Our first night we didn't get there until late after traffic jams on the way down so we just watched TV and went to bed early. The next day we went for a bush walk and checked out the town and the half a dozen shops LOL. Lots and lots of driving and the whole area is very similar to Maleny and Montville but a whole lot more dryer and thank goodness a lot less developed (although I'm sure it wont take long). The good thing about driving so much was even though I was enjoying looking at all of the beautiful views the boys weren't as interested and so they got lots of sleep in the car and funnily enough they slept well in the motel as well so they had a very rejuvenating holiday.

The third night we visited my friend in Labrador and went shopping at Harbour town. Got a couple of bargains but the kids were so excited to be back in civilization that they didn't know what to do with themselves TOO MUCH ENERGY from all of the sleeping. We also had a lovely dinner at Cav's Steakhouse. I had been there before but not for a really long time and the best part was they have a kids play room so they didn't have to sit still for too long.

On the way home I got to stop in at "IKEA" that shop is amazing everything is so cheap and beautiful. Way too much to take in on a quick visit. I will definitely be studying the catalogue and going back very soon, now that I have seen it and everything is still fresh in my head.

I was really sad that I couldn't stay longer cause I really love the Gold Coast but I suppose the Sunny Coast is better in some ways (like traffic).

Love always
Tanya

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Tanya,

I looooove IKEA. My scraproom's been made over using stuff from Ikea. You will definitely have to go again.... too much to see the first time round.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you had a great holiday at Mount Tambourine. Next time you come down this way we will have to catch up for a coffee!