Thursday, July 19, 2007

Reading Lessons

Funny how you take things for granted and you forget just how hard new things are to learn. Tristan is starting "Learn to read" books at Prep and the parents have been asked to attend group meetings to learn "how to teach" them to read. I am so happy with Tristan's teacher, she is very much into getting the parents involved with everything. This is going to be new for me too cause I am more of a numbers girl and have never really gotten into reading and writing. (Hence my really bad spelling and grammar) Growing up I would go through stages and still now, if I start a really good book I find it hard to put down but if it takes too long to get into it I lose interest very quickly. (So much easier just to hire the movie!!!)

Silly me volunteered to sew some mystery bags for the the class the other day (instead of show and tell the children take the bag home, put something special in it, then they pass it around and the other children have to guess what is in the bag by asking lots of questions) Now I am sewing 30 hessian name tags together. But I have to admit it was a great excuse to get my sewing machines out of the cupboard and put them into the Horn sewing cabinet I got last week second hand for $50 it even has the lifter shelf. I have taken photos but my batteries just went flat so I will post photos next time.

Love Always
Tanya xxxooo

2 comments:

Giovanna Scott said...

I LOVED that sewing cabinet. Very jealous. It doesn't even look second hand. Lucky girl. Good luck with the bags. LOL>

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya, just catching up, the bang on the head looked terrible, I hope everything is OK now.

Are you going to the retreat, if so look forward to meeting you.

Carole xx