Friday, February 02, 2007

Birthday Tears

Well I started off my birthday by dragging myself out of bed not feeling very well from a sore throat and a head cold to get up to two grumpy kids and I had forgotten to turn the dishwasher on before I went to bed so there were no clean bowls or Tristan's School lunch containers.



Then Tristan didn't want to get ready for school cause he didn't want to go. After getting him there with a few obstacles along the way we made it just inside the gate and that's where he stopped, with lots of frustration and feeling sick and worry about why he hates prep so much that he could put on such a performance I just lost it. When the teachers aide come out to see what was going on I started crying my eyes out!!!! I didn't want to but I couldn't help it. Even more frustratingly, as soon as I started crying he was really good come over and gave me a big kiss and a cuddle and said goodbye and went into his room without a struggle. LITTLE TOAD!










Mum came over at 2.30pm and walked up to the school with me to pick Tristan up and then My girlfriend, Emica, come over for dinner (with lots of alcohol). So after dinner we jumped into the spa and partied the rest of the night away with Hubby doing the bar tending and photography and childminding. I love the photo of Tristan's butt funny what kids will do to ruin a photo. And I am so proud of Michael's attempt at fancy photography with the Margarita glasses and us behind them, ALL HIS IDEA!!!!!!
So by the end of the night I felt heaps better and surprisingly I felt better this morning than I did yesterday morning.



Michael was home from work today so he walked to school with us all this morning which was really nice. Tristan rode his bike so he could lock it up at the bike racks, very exciting for him since he has wanted to do that for years.

Time to go and pick up my big boy from school, picked a good day to ride the bike it is about to rain here any minute so I guess I will have a wet tail by the time I get home.

Love Always
Tanya xxxooo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tanya, I am so sorry your day started out so bad, but look how it ended, those drinks look gorgeous, and I love the photo your DH took.

Carole:)