Thursday, November 30, 2006

Love the Gold Coast






Well we are home. I think 5 nights was just enough especially for the boys. Seth woke up yesterday morning crying saying I want to go home now. So here is the run down of our 2ND ever "REEDY FAMILY HOLIDAY".
  • To start off with as we are driving into Surfers I suddenly realize I forgot the Movie World tickets. Luckily my girlfriend, Em, was house sitting so she express posted them to us.

  • On Friday night we had a lovely dinner a our friend, Matt's, and meet his gorgeous girlfriend Shannon.



  • Saturday, ZINA's scrapbooking class was fabulous. I had a great time. I didn't get to finish either of my projects cause we were too busy talking. She is so lovely all 5 feet of her. LOL. I was so surprised when I first meet her she is beautiful and so tiny. The other girls were great too we all had heaps of laughs.





  • Sunday - we had breakfast at the Currumbin Surf lifesaving Club. And we saw the new Gold Coast footy team training. I think they are called the Vikings?

  • Then I got attacked by a cat fish. We went to the Currumbin Rock Pools and waterfall. So Beautiful I love waterfalls. After taking the mandatory photos we all went for a swim and Tristan said that something had bitten him and we all laughed thinking it was nothing. I went over to see cause he looked really freaked out and the little bugger bit me on the ankle. So we had to move to the deep part of the rock pool for a swim. A local guy warned us about it, after it had already bitten us. Great timing from him hey!

  • Monday we drove around the border towns and beaches and also, accidentally, up into the mountain tourist drive. Michael got lost! After giving me crap about my driving and taking wrong turns, etc. I pulled over and made him drive and he got us lost. I love it when it backfires on him. I really didn't care where we went because the boys were asleep so it was a lovely peaceful drive looking at trees and big, big houses and beautiful views.

  • Monday night we went to the Wax museum and a walk through the city.

  • Tuesday we went up the Q1 building the views were awesome but there was a little bit of cloud in the distance so we couldn't see as far as we should have been able to but it was still amazing. Then we did the shopping centres, Pacific Fair and Harbour town plus a couple of shops in between. Well I know boys don't like shopping but mine did OK. By one o'clock they were all ready to go home for a sleep but they persevered for my sake and I even got to get a massage by those Chinese guys in the middle of the shopping centre. They give the best massages ever I could have stayed there for hours.




  • Wednesday - we went to Movie World which was fun but we were all so tired by then we barely had enough energy to enjoy it. Seth cried on a couple of the rides which we thought was so funny cause one of them was a special kids ride about Bugs Bunny, but it was very dark.




  • Then we came home just in time to watch the storm go over with heaps of lightning. I LOVE STORMS!!!

So all in all we spent way too much money (especially on food) but we had a great FAMILY holiday.


Love Always


Tanya xxxooo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo you ARE hob-nobbing with celebs now Daaaahling!!! Glad to see you had a relaxing (?) holiday Tanya. Have a fab Christmas if I don't catch up with you beforehand.

xxx Giovanna

Alicia Barry said...

Glad you had a good time Tanya.